It lays out much of the events associated with the end of the recent housing boom. Its long, but its a good read.
Here are some of the topics:
- Mania for home ownership
- Widespread belief that housing is a risk-free, growth investment
- Popularity of home purchasing in the media
- Speculative purchases of homes
- Crash of the dot-com bubble
- Historically low interest rates
- Differential relationship between interest rates and affordability
- Interest-only and adjustable rate mortgages
- Predictions and status of a market correction
Its makes a pretty strong argument for Wikipedia as a resource.