Whenever a new quarterly real estate report for the Hamptons comes out, it’s always interesting to see how publications choose to cover/interpret the numbers. While the author of the latest Prudential Douglas Elliman report, Jonathan Miller of Miller Samuel, titled his post on the subject “Stable and Sandy” others weren’t so subdued. Here now, a rundown of recent headlines:
· Hamptons sellers cautious, as buyers seek value [The Real Deal]
· Price of high-end Hamptons pads soars 35% in 1Q [Crain’s]
· Hamptons and North Fork Real Estate All Over the Place [NY Magazine]
· Hamptons Real Estate Prices Soar [Guest of a Guest]
· Hamptons Home Prices Rise as Buyers Prefer Luxury Deals [Businessweek].
The varied interpretations reminds us of a quotation often attributed to Mark Twain: “Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are more pliable.”
· 1Q – 2012 Long Island Sales [Prudential Douglas Elliman]