Housing An Extended Vacation In Istanbul
I’ve never taken a vacation longer than ten days as an adult. After becoming an empty-nester during the pandemic, it was clear that my logic was completely flawed, so my wife and I did something about it.
There won’t be much content posted here for the next couple of weeks other than some occasional link sharing below. After all, we are in the lazy days of summer.
Brilliant Idea #1
If you need something rock solid in your life (particularly on Friday afternoons) and someone forwarded this to you, or you think you already subscribed, sign up here for these weekly Housing Notes. And be sure to share with a friend or colleague if you enjoy them because:
- They’ll talk about Turkey;
- You’ll talk Turkey;
- And I’ll spend time coming up with the turkey equivalent phrase of “Winner, winner, chicken dinner.”
Brilliant Idea #2
You’re full of insights and ideas as a reader of Housing Notes. I appreciate every email I receive, and it helps me craft the following week’s Housing Note.
See you next week.
Reads, Listens and Visuals I Enjoyed
- Latch Warns Financial Statements Unreliable
- Real Estate Giant Compass Is Facing an ‘Existential’ Cash Burn Problem [Vice]
My New Content, Research and Mentions
- U.S. housing market cooling off [Fox 5 NY]
- Agents Pivot Away From Underpricing to Sell Homes [The Real Deal]
Recently Published Elliman Market Reports
- Elliman Report: Colorado New Signed Contracts 7-2022 [Miller Samuel]
- Elliman Report: Manhattan, Brooklyn & Queens Rentals 7-2022 [Miller Samuel]
- Elliman Report: California New Signed Contracts 7-2022 [Miller Samuel]
- Elliman Report: Normandy Isles/Normandy Shores New Signed Contracts 7-2022 [Miller Samuel]
- Elliman Report: Florida New Signed Contracts 7-2022 [Miller Samuel]
- Elliman Report: New York New Signed Contracts 7-2022 [Miller Samuel]
Appraisal Related Reads
- Homeowning while Black: Couple alleges bias in appraisal [CBS News]
- A Professor Who Studies Housing Discrimination Says It Happened to Him [NY Times]
Extra Curricular Reads
- Apple Car: Software and Money [Monday Note]
- The going gets turf: do lawns have a future in the age of drought? [Economist]